• BUSINESS CLOSING: Planet Wines owner Mike Chariton announced Thursday he has decided to close his downtown wine and spirits business, located at 420 Main St., to spend more time with his family. Everything in the store is 15% off - wines, spirits, ports, cognacs and accessories. For more information, call 970-424-5432.
• PROMOTION: Joseph Scanlon has been promoted to the general manager of the Wine Country Inn effective April 14, owner Richard Tally announced.
Scanlon had been the operations manager so the move made sense, Tally said.
Scanlon, who earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Virginia Tech and certification as a sommelier from the prestigious Court of Master Sommeliers, brings 20 years of hospitality experience to the job.
• GRAND RE-OPENING: Gamerz Planet video game store recently completed its move to Mesa Pointe Plaza in Clifton at 532 32 Road, next door to the Clifton branch library. Gamerz Planet had been located at the corner of Seventh and North next to REI, but owner Mike Morris opted to move for bigger and better space, and more importantly, better rent. Check out their new place which sells video games and accessories from the Atari to the Wii.
• DINNER ANYONE?: Every Tuesday in April, a percentage of sales at Pantuso's Ristorante will be donated to Hilltop's Latimer House.
Owner Chris Blackburn and his family have been longtime supporters of Latimer House and their work with individuals affected by domestic violence and sexual assault.
"I have been overwhelmed by the community's support of our business, and I am happy for the opportunity to give something back," Blackburn said. Pantuso's is located in the Clarion Inn on Horizon Drive.
• BIZ EVENT: Fruita Chamber of Commerce is holding its Business Expo and Community BBQ 4-7 p.m. Thursday, April 12, at Fruita Community Center, 324 N. Coulson. The event, which is free and open to the public, will showcase more than 60 chamber member businesses.
The Cowboy and the Rose catering service will be handing out pulled pork sandwiches free to attendees.
Call Fruita Chamber at 970-858-3894 for more information.
• ANNOUNCEMENT: Stylist Kaitlynn Foss of Collbran recently joined Revolution Salon, 616 North Ave. Foss, a graduate of the Salon Professional Academy, specializes in cuts, color and styles. For more information, call 970-424-5634.
• ANNOUNCEMENT: Mary Lou Bochmann is now taking clients at Lakeside Salon, located at 3154 Lakeside Drive. She has more than 10 years experience and provides a wide array of hair styling. She also provides manicures, pedicures and waxing. Call Lakeside at 970-245-1808 for an appointment.