The Rifle Creek Ladies Club hosted its 46th annual golf tournament on June 16 -17. This year's tournament was dedicated to a longtime club member, Marge Oberholtzer, who started the current eclectic tournament format in 1996. Marge loved the game of golf and felt that no matter how good or bad your game was, everyone had the right to play and enjoy the game. Her vision was that "Golf is fun no matter how you play it."The tournament started on Friday, June 15, with the annual Lo-Am team activity. The team includes one low handicap fellow and three women. The winning team was Pat Burwell, Diann Robertson, Mary Kay Chesley and Donni Cochran. Placing second was Joe Elliott, Maria Tafuri, Penny Sykes and Martha O'Neal. Clint Hostettler, Heidi Horner, Cindy Gilbert and Jeanie Humble were third.Saturday morning brought out 91 women from across the state, plus Oklahoma, Utah and California. In an eclectic format, the competitors take their best score for each hole over a two-day competition.
- Amtrak train hits pickup west of Glenwood Springs; driver injured, passengers OK
- RFSD adds gender identity to nondiscrimination policy
- As cannabis becomes more mainstream, couples start incorporating it in weddings
- CMC honors top faculty members
- Author offers practical personal growth tips for the 21st century