GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. - If this past summer has taught us anything, it's the importance of water. Join Hannah Holm, Water Center coordinator at Colorado Mesa University, for "Water in Colorado and the Grand Valley," an overview of where our water supplies come from, how we use water, and constraints on our water use. The presentation at three Mesa County Libraries locations also will discuss current water supply challenges and planning efforts to address them. Holm's presentation is scheduled for 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 2, at the Central Library; 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 3, at the Fruita Branch; and 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4, at the Palisade Branch. It is open to the public at no charge.
- More charges in theft case against New Castle woman
- Fast-food visit plays into arrests for car stolen in Basalt
- Private investigator, former Aspen police officer accused of abusing records
- DA says death penalty unlikely in El Jebel double homicide
- Editorial: Public, county leaders must stop the theft