GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. - Car lovers, rejoice!Grand Junction's Downtown Car Show returns for its 11th year this Saturday, Sept. 29 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. It will be held on historic Main Street between Third and Seventh streets, and organizers say they expect 150+ cars to be on display spanning the gamut of styles - modern, antique and classic."We had 90 cars registered as of Thursday," Grand Junction Downtown Partnership spokeswoman Kathy Dirks said. "We expect another 60-80 cars to register Friday and Saturday, and 30 percent of the cars are coming from outside Mesa County. It's a big draw for visitors to Grand Junction."Though the event is free to the public, all cars on display must register. A portion of this year's car show proceeds will be donated to Hospice & Palliative Care of Western Colorado. Dirks noted that all attendees of the car show should vote for the "people's choice" award. They can pick up an entry form at the corner of Sixth and Main streets during the show.For more information, visit www.downtowngj.org/carshow.cfm.
Downtown Car Show returns to Grand Junction's Main Street
Trending in: News
- Rifle Police Department & Garfield County Sheriff's Office Cop Shop Report - April 11, 2013
- Glenwood Springs murder suspect rejects plea offer
- Bears sighted in Rifle are safely relocated
- New charter, Two Rivers Community School, spreads its wings
- Water in the West: Will Front Range growth trump river health?