Carlos Mencia, a stand-up comedian and occasional film star, will perform Saturday, Nov. 17, at the Avalon Theatre. Doors open at 7 for an 8 p.m. show, and tickets are $34 (plus service fees). Mencia, 45, grew up in East Los Angeles as the 17th of 18 children. He majored in electrical engineering at California State University Los Angeles, but left early to pursue a career in comedy. Mencia has had several successful tours and albums, has been featured on several HBO specials, and even has his own show on Comedy Central, "Mind of Mencia.""In the last couple years, Mencia chose to go back to his comedic roots, performing at a number of comedy stores throughout the country, allowing him to share his newest material with smaller and more intimate audiences," the performer's official website said. Tickets may be purchased through Tickets West or area City Markets, and charged by phone at 800-325-7328. All seats are reserved for this all-ages show.
- More charges in theft case against New Castle woman
- Fast-food visit plays into arrests for car stolen in Basalt
- Private investigator, former Aspen police officer accused of abusing records
- DA says death penalty unlikely in El Jebel double homicide
- Editorial: Public, county leaders must stop the theft