GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. - Gooey, sweet, hot, creamy goodness. Chocolate in a mug. It warms your hands, spreading from your tongue to your tummy as you learn about historic Main Street at Grand Junction's annual Chocolate Walk. Set for Friday, Dec. 14, tours will leave from Enstrom Candies, 701 Colorado Ave., at 5:30 p.m. Admission is $10."There's two tours. One is an art tour. The other is a history tour," said Shon Birch, a Grand Junction Parks and Recreation program coordinator.Participants simply pick which one they prefer and then go. Both tours travel in a loop, starting at Seventh and Main streets.Chocolate lovers may preregister or do so before the event at 4:45 p.m., Birch added. Everyone's guaranteed a commemorative mug of hot cocoa with the tour, and the event will likely take a little more than an hour."It's a great evening," Birch said. "What a great way to spend an evening in downtown Grand Junction. Have dinner on Main Street when you're done. It's a good little date night, too."Children 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent.
Hot chocolate in the city
Trending in: News
- Rifle Police Department & Garfield County Sheriff's Office Cop Shop Report - April 11, 2013
- Glenwood Springs murder suspect rejects plea offer
- Bears sighted in Rifle are safely relocated
- New charter, Two Rivers Community School, spreads its wings
- Water in the West: Will Front Range growth trump river health?