Long time Glenwood resident Martha Sebastian passed away Jan. 21, 2013, in Denver following a brief illness. She was 92. Martha came to Glenwood in 1943 upon graduating from Colorado A&M to teach school. There she met and married Dan Sebastian, a U.S. Marine recovering from war wounds, on March 17, 1944. Dan preceded her in death in 1990. Martha taught school for 33 years and continued to reside in Glenwood until her death. Martha was born Jan. 11, 1921, in Thompson, Utah. Her ancestors settled in Colorado when it was still a territory, and she remained active in the Western Colorado Chapter of Territorial Daughters. Martha is survived by daughters Martie Sebastian of Louisville, CO, and Dana (Bob) Roy of Castle Pines, CO; grandchildren Chris McInnis, Ryan (Kara) Roy and Robyn (Devin) Asbury; and four great-granddaughters. There was cremation and no services per her request.
- Documents: Rifle officials angered by 'falsehoods'
- Keystone visitor commits suicide after eating marijuana candies
- Mitchell opinion: Honestly, the truth about Rifle football is easy to see
- Guest opinion: Grave mistake not to add fluoride in Rifle
- On The Fly: Remembering a fallen fishing guide and friend