William Grant "Bill" Jewell was born on April 11, 1939, to Loren & Velma (Ward) Jewell in Uravan, CO. He passed away unexpectedly at his home on Feb. 6, 2013.Bill married Yvonne Chambers in Rifle, CO. They were later divorced. Bill & Yvonne had two daughters.He married Maureen Corcoran in 1979 in Key West, FL.Bill was a heavy equipment operator and member of the Operating Engineers, Local #9.He loved the outdoors and told great hunting stories, and prospected for gold from Alaska to Arizona.Bill was preceded in death by his mother Velma, Father Loren and Step-mother Alvina, brothers Jack Jewell and Alvin Woody.He is survived by his wife of 34 years Maureen, daughters Crystal Hanneman of Rifle, and Dawn (Dan) Bailey of Encampment, WY, grandsons Troy and Kyle Hanneman, and many relatives and friends as well as his two best buds, Sadie & Benny.Cremation has taken place.There will be a celebration of life the summer of 2013 to be announced at a later date.
- Why this Millennial is quitting her job
- Parachute man indicted for alleged role in 'large' Western Colorado marijuana grow
- Column: Deck stacked against Battlement, other oil and gas neighbors
- Glenwood Springs set to issue bonds for Eighth Street connection
- Lots of 'storage' in water plan, but few 'dams'