Year founded: 2005
Owner: Matt Thesing
Address: 552 25 Road, suite C
• What goods or services to you provide? We provide all commercial and residential lighting products and services. Our 9,000-square-foot facility provides the largest light bulb and light fixtures inventory in western Colorado. Our commercial and residential services include lighting upgrades, installation and design. Our commercial department also provides free commercial lighting energy audits.
• What is new or exciting about your business? New lighting technology has grown so rapidly that it is hard to keep up with. The most exciting change in the industry is the emergence of LED lighting.
LED lighting is very energy efficient and can reduce lighting power consumption by up to 75%. Another great feature of LED light bulbs and fixtures is that they last between 25,000 to 100,000 thousand hours. This is a great benefit for homeowners with high ceiling light fixtures. By converting to LED light bulbs you will not be climbing up a ladder to change a burned out light bulb for a very long time.
There is an LED lighting alternative for all applications, some examples include a common house lamp, track lighting, general and recessed can lighting, task lighting in the kitchen and even dramatic outdoor landscape lighting. Unlike compact fluorescent light bulbs, LED lighting is dimmable as well. With LED you get all these advantages at a fraction of the power usage of traditional incandescent or halogen lighting.
Art galleries, restaurants and retail stores are also seeing the advantages of LED as well. Standard incandescent or halogen light bulbs all have a certain level of ultraviolet rays that can have a fading effect on anything it shines on, including expensive artwork. LED lighting does not produce any ultraviolet rays. The exceptional light produced by LED is great for showcasing products in retail businesses and also highlighting the food presentation at restaurants. Local utility companies are offering commercial rebate incentives for converting to LED lighting.
• What strategies do you use to differentiate your business from the competition? We offer full-service residential and commercial lighting design services. Step-by-step, room-by-room and fixture-by-fixture, we show you how to easily integrate your lighting and lamps into an overall plan for your home or business.
• What philosophy do you follow in dealing with customers? What can your customers expect from you? What separates One Source Lighting from our competition is our commitment to continued education. Our customers can expect a trained professional; a lighting specialist who is an expert in the lighting field. Whether a customer is looking for a new lighting fixture, searching for a hard-to-find light bulb, seeking lighting design assistance, or planning a commercial lighting retrofit they can count on One Source Lighting. Our team of lighting professionals maintains positive customer service as a core foundation to good business.
• Tell us a little about your background, education and experience: The employees of One Source Lighting collectively have more than 40 years experience in the lighting industry. Owner Matt Thesing has over 25 years of experience in the lighting and electrical business and has been involved in almost all aspects of the lighting industry. His credentials include:
• What events, sales or specials do you have planned or going on right now? We are excited about 2013 commercial utility rebates. We work with all the utility companies in western Colorado and are familiar with all rebates that are available. Currently, Xcel Energy is only offering rebates to commercial customers, however some of the other Western Slope utility providers are offering rebates for their residential customers. Visit our showroom for specials in February and March and stop by our booth at the homebuilders show at Two Rivers Convention Center in March.