Allen "Wayne" Fleming passed away on March 11, 2013, at Hospice in Grand Junction. He was 85 years old. Wayne was born on March 3, 1928 in Denver. He grew up and attended schools in the Denver area, including the University of Denver, graduating with a degree in business. Wayne married Sarah in Denver on Feb. 8, 1951. Wayne served in the Navy during WWII. He enjoyed golfing and fishing and spending time with his grandsons. He was a member of the Presbyterian Church.Wayne was in oil and gas exploration and was a commercial real estate developer.He is survived by his wife, Sarah; daughters, Cindy (Tom) Bement of Salida, CO, and Lori (Richard Foard) Fleming of Fruita, CO; brother, Jim (Carrie) Fleming) of Grand Junction; sisters, Betty McCurry of Kirkland, WA, and Carol LaMonte of Longboat Key, FL; grandchildren, Brandon (Sara) Rolph of Loveland, CO, and Nick (Christie) Rolph of Fort Collins, CO, and great-grandchildren, Ella and Avery Rolph of Loveland, CO. Wayne was a loving husband, father, brother, grandfather, and great-grandfather.He will be missed by many. Private services will take place at a later date. Donations may be made to Hospice & Palliative Care of Western Colorado.
- Crime Briefs: Master of disguise gives false name after attacking man for speaking Spanish
- Colorado State Patrol cadet, a 2012 Windsor graduate, killed in crash on Colo. 66
- GSHS student wins car from Glenwood Springs Ford
- Sweet Sixteen: Martinez accomplishes rare feat of winning 16 varsity letters
- Yampah Mountain grads share personal journeys