With warmer weather approaching, spring cleaning is on the agenda of many. Metal recycling is one way to turn trash into cash. Michael Lyon runs the forklift with Josh Alsop directing on Wednesday as they collect scrap metal at GreenZone Recycling in Silt. The center is open Monday through Friday and pays customers for aluminum, copper, brass and miscellaneous items such as bicycles, appliances, steel lawn mowers, bbq grills, lead batteries and drained engine parts. Additional benefits are also offered to senior citizens and military personnel.
- Re-2 chief Birdsey's severance up to $220,000; no reasons stated for ouster
- 'Health and safety' issue closes Glenwood's newest Starbucks
- Starbucks clarifies reason for Glenwood store closure
- Doctor's column: How to prevent a heart attack
- SHEL stands in for stranded Groovetrotters at season's last Summer of Music show