The Post Independent on Monday will conclude eight days of coverage related to the 20th anniversary of the Storm King tragedy.
Catch up on the series so far.
South Canyon 20th Anniversary from Post Independent on Vimeo.
• A firefighter’s son
• How the town responded
• How wildland firefighting has changed
• Canyon Creek residents remember
• A hike on the trail offers perspective
• Sculptors tell about memorials they created
Firefighter Eric Hipke describes his escape from the mountain; local musician and former firefighter Jim Hawkins provides a tribute.
• Watching helplessly as all hell broke loose
• “My home and neighborhood were in danger of incineration.”
Follow the Post Independent on Facebook and Twitter (@GlenwoodPI) for updates on today’s events marking the 20th anniversary of what was officially called the South Canyon Fire. Monday’s paper will include full coverage.