Community briefs for Dec. 1
November 30, 2016
Hearts of Remembrance
For over 25 years, Hearts of Remembrance (formerly Trees of Hospice) has given our communities a unique way to celebrate and remember the lives of friends and family. This year HomeCare & Hospice of the Valley will host ceremonies in five locations throughout the Roaring Fork, Eagle and Colorado River valleys.
HomeCare & Hospice of the Valley volunteers spend countless hours stitching hundreds and hundreds of heart ornaments crafted by hand, available for a donation of $25.
Hearts of Remembrance is scheduled for today in Aspen at the Little Nell; Dec. 5 in Edwards at the Edwards Interfaith Chapel & Community Center; Dec. 6 in Snowmass Village at the Viceroy; Dec. 7 in Rifle at the Grand River Hospital; and Dec. 8 in Glenwood Springs at Valley View Hospital. All events begin at 5:30 p.m.
Holiday concerts with Amanda Gessler
Celebrate Beethoven's 256th birthday with a holiday mini-concert series featuring Amanda Gessler at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 10, and Saturday, Dec. 17, where each concert will have a unique playlist of music by Beethoven. Refreshments served. For more information about these free concerts call 970-963-2889.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Mom doesn’t know how girl fell from Hotel Colorado
- Colorado woman gets away unharmed after train rolls over her
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life; is critical but regained consciousness
- Selfies: Pushing to be one of the best in the beekeeping industry at Colorado Mountain Honey
- Rifle names five finalists for city manager