Glenwood Springs Arby’s closing down
July 18, 2014
Locals with a craving for Arby's roast beef will have to travel to Grand Junction or Silverthorne when the local franchise at 2115 Grand Ave. in Glenwood Springs closes down Sunday.
The mother of one employee reported that the staff of 15 was given only three days' notice without severance. As for an opportunity to transfer, a statement from Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc. said that "…if any of these employees want to relocate to another Arby's location, U.S. Beef will do its best to accommodate them in that market." U.S. Beef operates 48 of the 56 Arby's in Colorado, including the Glenwood location. The statement also said that U.S. Beef "hopes to find another Arby's location in the local community in the future."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- Sales taxes just lagging Glenwood budget targets
- Personal Finance column: How to flourish financially
- Silt couple sells business after FedEx Ground changes policies
- A quick and simple overview of probate in Colorado
- Unique Haunted Mine thrill ride coming to Glenwood Caverns — bigger drop than Disney’s Tower of Terror
- Ruibal column: My high school classmate Otto Warmbier — charming and deeply caring
- Liquido Active ticketed, faces fines for entering Hanging Lake
- Confirmed: Food poisoning sickened 80 at Rifle Rodeo
- All OK after car goes into Crystal River near Carbondale
- Crash, fire close I-70 in both directions at Grand Junction