Melissa Miller promoted to The Gathering Center director
August 4, 2014
Longtime local Melissa Miller has been promoted to director of The Gathering Center at The Orchard in Carbondale.
She will be taking over as Scott Robinson leaves to spend more time with his wife and twins after five years of working with groups, planners and families throughout the valley to coordinate their special events.
Miller has been part of The Orchard team since 2010, and will continue her responsibilities of ministry coordinator in supporting the pastoral staff and lay ministry leaders.
"We are excited to have Melissa bring her event experience talents from her time as event director at Aspen Glen, plus years of time in the event rental industry," said Lead Pastor Charley Hill.
"I am excited to expand the mission of The Orchard while working with groups throughout the valley on their specials events here at The Gathering Center," said Miller. "I'm also happy to announce that we will be expanding the operations of our coffee shop, Common Grounds. It is a great place to grab a cup of coffee, tea or espresso while visiting with friends or using the free WiFi. We are also working on plans for First Friday artist receptions, open mic nights and more, so if you are a local artist and would like to find out if your work is a good fit for Common Grounds, please contact me."
For more information on how to reserve space for your next event, or to apply as a local artist, stop by 110 Snowmass Drive in Carbondale, visit http://www.thegatheringcenter.org or call 970-963-8773, ext. 105.
Trending In: Business
- Silt couple sells business after FedEx Ground changes policies
- Personal Finance column: Three S’s of true financial health
- J.C. Penney store at Glenwood Mall to close
- Unique Haunted Mine thrill ride coming to Glenwood Caverns — bigger drop than Disney’s Tower of Terror
- A quick and simple overview of probate in Colorado
- Amid financial chaos, Glenwood Springs art center to close in May
- Care facility aide gets 6 years on multiple sex assaults plea
- Feds arrest men from Aspen, New Castle in drug trafficking sweep
- Carbondale trustees anxiously grant fifth City Market extension
- Oil-gas wells shut down after Colorado home explosion