New Glenwood Springs Harley team aims to please
March 1, 2014
GLENWOOD SPRINGS — DJ Stringer has been around Harley-Davidson motorcycles all his life. He grew up with them in Austin, Texas. In fact, working in a Harley shop is the only job he's ever had, save a three-year stint in the U.S. Army.
Stringer has now taken over as the new operating partner at Gunslinger Harley-Davidson and Power Sports (formerly Aspen Valley Harley-Davidson) in Glenwood Springs.
"I believe this shop opened in 2006 with Jeff Soffer, who later bought out his partner," Stringer said. "He needed someone with experience and (Harley-Davidson) is the only real job I've ever had. I've been a salesman, a manager and a general manager."
Stringer took on his new duties about two weeks ago and the business is seeing a number of changes.
"We're re-branding, re-naming and we've got a new staff with a new attitude," Stringer said.
With suggestions from customers, the shop's new name is "Gunslinger Harley-Davidson." The shop also operates as a Polaris dealership.
"My goal is to make this a destination dealership where people want to come and hang out — like a clubhouse," Stringer said.
In fact, the business plans to hold fun events for the public every month, he said, beginning with a chili cookoff on March 15.
"We'll be doing the three B's," Stringer said with a laugh. "Beer, Bands and Barbecue — the essential parts of a good party."
Stringer pointed out that the Glenwood Springs shop is more than just a place to buy Harleys.
"There are dealerships in Denver, Colorado Springs and Grand Junction," he said. "But this area is where people want to ride."
And whatever kind of ride it is that you're looking for, you'll likely find it at Gunslinger Harley-Davidson.
"I have everything you could ever want right here," Stringer said. "You don't need to order anything."
Gunslinger Harley-Davidson is located at 2302 Devereux Rd. Hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday – Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday. For more information, call (970) 928-7493.
Trending In: Business
- 2016 sets record for retail sales in Glenwood Springs
- Silt couple sells business after FedEx Ground changes policies
- Unique Haunted Mine thrill ride coming to Glenwood Caverns — bigger drop than Disney’s Tower of Terror
- Workers unpaid after Rifle business closes
- Business Briefs: Local business leaders form integrated services firm
- Carbondale robbery suspects arrested in Basalt, ending two-day manhunt
- School board asked to close Riverview hiring to outside applicants
- Aspen teen confesses to internet threat that closed Roaring Fork schools
- Glenwood man gets probation in drug assault on wife
- Carbondale robbery suspects, suffering injuries from cold, held on $100K bond