Victim identified from Jeep rollover near Sweetwater Lake
May 15, 2017
David Walder, 50, of Edwards was the person killed Jeep rollover Monday afternoon north of Dotsero, Garfield County Coroner Robert Glassmire said Wednesday.
The Colorado State Patrol said the wreck involved three people who were injured and the 50-year-old victim.
Glassmire said his office was contacted at 1:18 p.m. Monday and dispatched to the area of the 2.5 mile mark of Garfield County Road 151 about 2 miles west of Sweetwater Road, near Sweetwater Lake in the northeastern part of the county.
Coroner investigators arrived and pronounced the male dead at 3 p.m.
One person at the scene sustained only minor injuries, and two people were taken to a hospital, said Trooper Nate Reid. No information on their identities was immediately available.
An autopsy found that Walder had several injuries from the crash. He died of multiple blunt force injuries, and the manner of death was accidental.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Crime Briefs: Woman steals car, reads Bible
- Castillo pleads not guilty in killing of boyfriend’s wife
- Man arrested after claiming to be former NFL player
- Sons arrested in theft from Waffle House CEO’s ranch; animal cruelty alleged
- Afghani ambassador equates Pakistan with terrorism at Aspen Security Forum