A night at the opera
May 21, 2014
Although Carbondale has plenty of live music, opera is rarely part of the lineup for a Thursday night. The Carbondale Council on Arts and Humanities is planning on changing that with Rossini's comedic masterpiece "The Barber of Seville," performed by Opera Colorado at the PAC3 at 8 p.m. this Thursday, May 22.
Opera of Colorado's Opera on Tour program brings professional productions directly to schools and community venues across the state of Colorado.
Jared Guest will star as the barber Figaro, who helps Count Almaviva, played by Brett Sprague, woo the beautiful Rosina (Louise Rogan). Ben Sievarding will appear as Rosina's guardian, Dr. Bartolo, and Colleen Jackson rounds out the cast with a role as Berta the maid. The production will feature accompaniment from Taylor Baldwin and is directed by Cherity Koepke.
Tickets are available by calling 970-963-1680 or going to the CCAH website at carbondalearts.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Meet the Post Independent’s best pets
- Live Like a Local: Symphony in the Valley conductor shares his favorite food, drink and shopping around the county
- Music: The tragedy of the ‘Layla’ coda
- Whit’s End: Even in trying times, new life offers hope
- Colorado’s Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame includes athletes, sport builders, pioneers and a president
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life; is critical but regained consciousness
- Gypsum woman ID’d as inmate found hanging
- Crime Briefs: Two juveniles arrested in Carbondale vehicle theft
- Moab canyon renamed to more tastefully honor Grandstaff
- Combat medic came to aid of girl who fell at Hotel Colorado; Mom says teen is hanging on