Smuggler Mountain Boys bring bluegrass to New Castle Market
August 7, 2014
The New Castle Market will be held from 4:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 7, in Burning Mountain Park.
This week The Smuggler Mountain Boys will perform in the gazebo. The Smuggler Mountain Boys have been playing bluegrass and traditional acoustic music in the Roaring Fork Valley since 2005. The band has become popular for providing music for weddings and private parties up and down the valley, local farmers markets, the Hotel Colorado, and this summer opened for Halden Wofford and the Hi-Beams at the Glenwood Summer of Music. Band members are Dave Notor from Carbondale on mandolin and resonator guitar, Mike Leavy from Snowmass Village on bass, Ross Kribbs from Aspen on fiddle, and Craig Snow from New Castle on guitar.
Bring the entire family to the park. There will be lots of fresh produce, grilled foods, bakery items, and a wide variety of vendors. The New Castle City Market Deli will be at the park offering a variety of sandwiches and foods. The weekly drawing (for only $1) has been a huge success, with three lucky winners every week.
For additional information, contact Noreen Nolan at 984-3420.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Emergency services respond to I-70 crash west of Glenwood
- Brusig admits felony, vows to repay checks, could get clear record in 2 years
- Carbondale’s Dandelion Market cuts general manager, faces grim prospects
- Care facility aide gets 6 years on multiple sex assaults plea
- Carbondale City Market delayed again; trustees concerned