Smuggler Mountain Boys bring bluegrass to New Castle Market
August 7, 2014
The New Castle Market will be held from 4:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 7, in Burning Mountain Park.
This week The Smuggler Mountain Boys will perform in the gazebo. The Smuggler Mountain Boys have been playing bluegrass and traditional acoustic music in the Roaring Fork Valley since 2005. The band has become popular for providing music for weddings and private parties up and down the valley, local farmers markets, the Hotel Colorado, and this summer opened for Halden Wofford and the Hi-Beams at the Glenwood Summer of Music. Band members are Dave Notor from Carbondale on mandolin and resonator guitar, Mike Leavy from Snowmass Village on bass, Ross Kribbs from Aspen on fiddle, and Craig Snow from New Castle on guitar.
Bring the entire family to the park. There will be lots of fresh produce, grilled foods, bakery items, and a wide variety of vendors. The New Castle City Market Deli will be at the park offering a variety of sandwiches and foods. The weekly drawing (for only $1) has been a huge success, with three lucky winners every week.
For additional information, contact Noreen Nolan at 984-3420.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Live Like a Local: Marylee Mohrlang’s guide to Parachute and Battlement Mesa
- Colorado Bike to Work Day is June 28. Learn how one Glenwood Springs woman makes her bike part of her daily life
- Whit’s End: I’m new to bike commuting, but I’m excited about it
- Music: The tragedy of the ‘Layla’ coda
- Some samples from the Food & Wine Classic
- Ruibal column: My high school classmate Otto Warmbier — charming and deeply caring
- Liquido Active ticketed, faces fines for entering Hanging Lake
- Confirmed: Food poisoning sickened 80 at Rifle Rodeo
- All OK after car goes into Crystal River near Carbondale
- Mount Sopris hikers called 911 after becoming lost