Summer Fun Photo Contest begins Friday
June 1, 2015
The Post Independent's Summer Fun Photo Contest is back.
Starting at 7 a.m. on Friday, May 22, you can submit your photos depicting summer fun, and we might even publish them and/or give you a gift certificate for Summit Canyon Mountaineering or Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park.
Individuals 13 or older may enter up to 20 photographs in six categories: Summer Events & Festivals; Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park; Backyard Fun; My Pet's Summer; Summer Scenery; and Outdoor Sports & Rec by Summit Canyon Mountaineering. Photos should be 200 DPI so they can be published.
Winners will be based on the decision of three judges. One judge will be the overall popular vote with two additional judges from the Post Independent. First prize is a $500 gift certificate to Summit Canyon Mountaineering; second is a $200 certificate; third is a $100 certificate; and 20 passes valued at $1,000 from Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park will be given away throughout the contest.
Visit http://www.postindependent.com to submit your photos through Sept. 11. Voting will last Sept. 12-20.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Meet the Post Independent’s best pets
- Live Like a Local: Symphony in the Valley conductor shares his favorite food, drink and shopping around the county
- Music: The tragedy of the ‘Layla’ coda
- Whit’s End: Even in trying times, new life offers hope
- Colorado’s Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame includes athletes, sport builders, pioneers and a president
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life; is critical but regained consciousness
- Gypsum woman ID’d as inmate found hanging
- Crime Briefs: Two juveniles arrested in Carbondale vehicle theft
- Moab canyon renamed to more tastefully honor Grandstaff
- Combat medic came to aid of girl who fell at Hotel Colorado; Mom says teen is hanging on