‘The April Clark Show’ returns
April 16, 2014
After more than a year's hiatus, "The April Clark Show" returns to Carbondale this week, with shows at 9 p.m. on Thursday and Friday at Steve's Guitars.
April Clark, the show's namesake, is just one talent in the combined comedy and musical act. Ananda Banc lends her comic sensibilities to the group, Beth Brandon will appear on Thursday night, and Glenn Smith joins in on Friday.
Town Trustee Katrina Byars is expected to appear as a guest on Friday.
Music will be provided by The G Strings: Shanti Gruber, Meagan Goodwin, Nikki Miller and Marilyn Lindquist. Members of the band have previously performed with the Starlettes, TRUNK, the Tippetts and Electric Lemon.
"The music is pretty stellar," said Clark. "It's just as important as the rest of the show. We provide a full entertainment package."
It's the first time Steve's has hosted the event, which has previously taken place at the Third Street Center's PAC3. The last show was a holiday performance in 2012.
Folks who attended previous shows needn't worry about stale jokes.
"It's mostly new material," Clark said. "Our goal is to be different each time we perform."
Trending In: Entertainment
- Amid financial chaos, Glenwood Springs art center to close in May
- Care facility aide gets 6 years on multiple sex assaults plea
- Feds arrest men from Aspen, New Castle in drug trafficking sweep
- Carbondale trustees anxiously grant fifth City Market extension
- Oil-gas wells shut down after Colorado home explosion