17-year-old skier dies at Winter Park Resort
February 15, 2017
A 17-year-old girl died skiing at Winter Park Resort on Wednesday. The skier, whose name has not been released yet, struck a tree around 12:30 p.m. on the intermediate trail Forget-Me-Not located in the Parsenn Bowl territory.
According to a press release from Winter Park Resort, Ski Patrol responded immediately after the tree-strike and transported the woman to the Denver Health East Grand ER at the base of the resort, where continued efforts to revive her proved unsuccessful. No other skiers or riders were involved in the incident.
"Winter Park Resort extends its deepest condolences to the woman's family in the wake of this tragic accident," the press release read.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Local
- Student receives 4 months in jail for Aspen area DUI crash
- Roaring Fork School District teachers association questions Riverview School hiring plan
- Are predators real cause for declining mule deer?
- New rules put millions at risk of deportation
- Eating Local column: The antibiotic crisis on a personal level