8th Street bridge officially reopened
October 19, 2016
The Eighth Street bridge in downtown Glenwood Springs is now open to vehicle traffic, Colorado Department of Transportation Grand Avenue bridge project officials said.
Commuters will be able to use the route from Seventh Street to Midland Avenue. The new Eighth Street connection into downtown is not expected to be open until mid-November.
Motorists using the bridge can expect alternating traffic Thursday and Friday while crews complete guardrail installation. Construction activity will continue in the area as crews complete work at the Midland Avenue intersection and on the new street connection.
The downtown bridge crossing the Roaring Fork River has been closed since Oct. 8.
Meanwhile, the city of Glenwood Springs announced an overnight closure of Devereux Road to through traffic this weekend for utility work. The road will be closed at 5 p.m. Saturday and will reopen on Sunday. Access to businesses will be maintained during the road closure.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Silt house fire displaces family of four
- Mom doesn’t know how girl fell from Hotel Colorado
- Glenwood football to forfeit all 2017 wins because of ineligible player
- Colorado woman gets away unharmed after train rolls over her