9Health Fair coming to Rifle
March 18, 2014
The 9Health Fair will be held from 7 to 11 a.m. Saturday, April 12, at Grand River Health's Hospital and Medical Center in Rifle.
This fair offers low cost blood tests and free screenings, including blood pressure, breast, skin, lung function and more. Garfield County Public Health will offer free TDAP vaccines to adults 18 and over. A limited number of free mammograms and bone density scans will be available. Pap smears will not be offered, but women can get enrolled in programs to help get many important women's health screenings.
Grand River Health partners with 9Health Fair, a statewide organization, to offer this health fair to the community.
Pre-registration will be offered online at grandriverhealth.org. Click on the 9Health Fair icon or go to 9healthfair.org.
Participants are reminded to fast for 12 hours before getting blood tests to ensure the most accurate results.
New at the Rifle health fair this year is a drug take-back program. Bring your expired or unused medications to be disposed of properly and safely.
Recommended Stories For You
Accepted medications and items include prescription medications; over-the-counter medications; controlled substances such as Oxycontin, Vicodin and Percoset; cough syrup with codeine; medical samples; pet medications; vitamins; medicated ointments and lotions; inhalers; liquid medications and insulin needles.
Items not accepted include thermometers, hydrogen peroxide, aerosol cans, IV bags, bloody or infectious waste or personal care products.
Community health fairs are an affordable way to get important blood work and screenings done. Regular screenings, blood work, and check ups are essential to good health and can flag potential medical issues.
For more information on the 9Health Fair, call 625-6433. For information about Grand River Health's facilities, services, and staff, go online to grandriverhealth.org and for information about the 9Health Fair organization and a more detailed list of blood tests, visit 9healthfair.org or call 1-800-332-3078.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Rifle PD gets new drug pups — who will be trained to ignore marijuana
- Tax is considered the last chance for some historical societies
- English scores down, math up for Roaring Fork Schools
- Doc Holliday finished out his life in Glenwood Springs
- Garfield County child welfare work wins high praise in national review
- Mom doesn’t know how girl fell from Hotel Colorado
- Colorado woman gets away unharmed after train rolls over her
- ‘Deceased and injured’ among 4 shot near Colorado State University in Fort Collins
- Silt house fire displaces family of four
- Selfies: Pushing to be one of the best in the beekeeping industry at Colorado Mountain Honey