Authorities: Carbondale Library fire likely not accidental
March 17, 2014
Firefighters responded to a fire in the bathroom of the Carbondale Library on Saturday night, and arrived to find it already extinguished by the sprinkler system.
The fire and was confined to the bathroom and firefighters were able to stop the flow of water.
"The Carbondale firefighters did great job preventing further water damage in the Carbondale Library and making sure there was no fire extension," Fire Captain Jake Spaulding said of the incident.
No injuries were reported and there was "little or no damage to library materials," according to a press release from the Carbondale & Rural Fire Protection District. The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but arson is a possibility.
"We don't believe it was accidental," Carbondale Police Chief Gene Schilling said.
Trending In: Local
- Amid financial chaos, Glenwood Springs art center to close in May
- Feds arrest men from Aspen, New Castle in drug trafficking sweep
- Care facility aide gets 6 years on multiple sex assaults plea
- Carbondale trustees anxiously grant fifth City Market extension
- Oil-gas wells shut down after Colorado home explosion