Basalt Elementary ready to go after gas leak Thursday
December 1, 2016
A gas leak at Basalt Elementary School just as school was letting out Thursday forced the building to be evacuated while emergency personnel responded, according to Roaring Fork School District officials.
All students and staff were evacuated, and after-school programs were relocated to nearby Basalt Middle School. The Basalt fire and police departments and the gas utility company that services the area investigated and resolved the problem, Superintendent Rob Stein said in a news release.
Stein said by email shortly after 6 p.m. that the problem was fixed and school will be held as usual on Friday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Ruibal column: My high school classmate Otto Warmbier — charming and deeply caring
- Liquido Active ticketed, faces fines for entering Hanging Lake
- Confirmed: Food poisoning sickened 80 at Rifle Rodeo
- All OK after car goes into Crystal River near Carbondale
- Crime Briefs: Suspicious husband accused of driving truck at wife