Basalt Elementary ready to go after gas leak Thursday
December 1, 2016
A gas leak at Basalt Elementary School just as school was letting out Thursday forced the building to be evacuated while emergency personnel responded, according to Roaring Fork School District officials.
All students and staff were evacuated, and after-school programs were relocated to nearby Basalt Middle School. The Basalt fire and police departments and the gas utility company that services the area investigated and resolved the problem, Superintendent Rob Stein said in a news release.
Stein said by email shortly after 6 p.m. that the problem was fixed and school will be held as usual on Friday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tax is considered the last chance for some historical societies
- English scores down, math up for Roaring Fork Schools
- Glenwood Springs Middle School on an expedition to be a ‘kind, compassionate’ school
- Garfield County child welfare work wins high praise in national review
- Doc Holliday finished out his life in Glenwood Springs