Carbondale fire district input sessions Tuesday and Feb. 18
February 4, 2014
CARBONDALE — Residents of the Carbondale & Rural Fire Protection District are invited to participate in a pair of "grassroots, idea sharing" meetings from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 4 and again Feb. 18.
The facilitated discussions will take place in the Calaway Room at the Third Street Center in Carbondale.
Among the topics of discussion will be the fire district's mill levy proposal that was rejected by voters last fall, resulting in a 40 percent reduction in the district's budget, and how to approach a new mill levy question in the future.
The fire district also has three open seats on its board of directors in the upcoming May election. Interested persons and prospective candidates are welcome to share their ideas on how best to provide essential emergency services. For more information, call Jeff Wadley at 963-1910.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life; is critical but regained consciousness
- Gypsum woman ID’d as inmate found hanging
- Crime Briefs: Two juveniles arrested in Carbondale vehicle theft
- Moab canyon renamed to more tastefully honor Grandstaff
- Combat medic came to aid of girl who fell at Hotel Colorado; Mom says teen is hanging on