Carbondale mom charged with trying to poison her two children
July 5, 2014
Maria Alvarado-Gomez, 32, of Carbondale, was arrested Wednesday for allegedly attempting to poison her children, ages 8 and 11.
The children were transported to Valley View Hospital by ambulance from Carbondale, but have since been released.
The manner of the attempted poisoning was not described in a news release from Carbondale police. The news release said the 9th Judicial District Attorney's office assisted with the investigation, which it said was continuing.
Alvarado-Gomez was being held at the Garfield County Jail on two counts of first-degree attempted murder, a class II felony.
The case remains under investigation, and the Post Independent will pursue further details.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Garfield County child welfare work wins high praise in national review
- Glenwood Springs Middle School on an expedition to be a ‘kind, compassionate’ school
- English scores down, math up for Roaring Fork Schools
- Tax is considered the last chance for some historical societies
- Silt town trustee resigns in anger
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life; is critical but regained consciousness
- Gypsum woman ID’d as inmate found hanging
- Traffic signals ahead for 6th and Laurel roundabout
- Crime BriefsTwo juveniles arrested in Carbondale vehicle theft
- Combat medic came to aid of girl who fell at Hotel Colorado; Mom says teen is hanging on