City of Rifle fireworks display to take place July 3 this year
July 2, 2014
Rifle will celebrate Independence Day over two days this year with a concert and fireworks display at Centennial Park on Thursday, July 3.
Rifle City Special Events manager Don Chaney said the fireworks were originally planned for July 4th.
"An illness on their team forced Lantis Fireworks to cancel our July 4th fireworks," Chaney explained. "But we could [do it] on the 3rd [with a different company], so we chose to go with that," he added. Many years in the past have featured July 3 fireworks, so the city decided that the date would be better than no fireworks at all.
The concert will begin at 8:15 p.m., with the fireworks beginning shortly after dusk. Centennial Park will be the best place for viewing.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Silt house fire displaces family of four
- Mom doesn’t know how girl fell from Hotel Colorado
- Glenwood football to forfeit all 2017 wins because of ineligible player
- Colorado woman gets away unharmed after train rolls over her