Coroner confirms cause of death in hospital suicide
August 7, 2014
The Garfield County coroner Wednesday confirmed that Eric Knurr of Carbondale died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Knurr’s body was discovered late Monday morning in a locked public restroom at Valley View Hospital.
A registered nurse, Knurr had applied for a job at the hospital but had never worked there.
The wound appeared to have been a single shot from .40 caliber handgun. The full report, including the location of the wound, will not be released for several weeks pending toxicology results.
Trending In: Local
- Garfield County library cuts lead to layoffs, reduced hours
- Be careful around bighorn sheep, wildlife officer warns
- Geologist shares Piceance gas findings
- Glenwood Springs Elementary Lego team set for state competition
- Judge hasn’t ruled on special prosecutor for Garfield County Commissioner Martin, accused of embezzlement