Coroner confirms cause of death in hospital suicide
August 7, 2014
The Garfield County coroner Wednesday confirmed that Eric Knurr of Carbondale died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Knurr's body was discovered late Monday morning in a locked public restroom at Valley View Hospital.
A registered nurse, Knurr had applied for a job at the hospital but had never worked there.
The wound appeared to have been a single shot from .40 caliber handgun. The full report, including the location of the wound, will not be released for several weeks pending toxicology results.
Trending In: Local
- Protesters press Sen. Gardner for a town hall
- Ex-art center boss Brusig faces felony over $18K of bad checks
- Grand Avenue bridge detour review revises traffic reduction need to 35 percent
- Glenwood Springs sees first monthly sales drop in 3 years
- Guest opinion: A Crystal Valley trail isn’t the problem for wildlife