Coroner confirms cause of death in hospital suicide
August 7, 2014
The Garfield County coroner Wednesday confirmed that Eric Knurr of Carbondale died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Knurr's body was discovered late Monday morning in a locked public restroom at Valley View Hospital.
A registered nurse, Knurr had applied for a job at the hospital but had never worked there.
The wound appeared to have been a single shot from .40 caliber handgun. The full report, including the location of the wound, will not be released for several weeks pending toxicology results.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life; is critical but regained consciousness
- Gypsum woman ID’d as inmate found hanging
- Crime Briefs: Two juveniles arrested in Carbondale vehicle theft
- Moab canyon renamed to more tastefully honor Grandstaff
- Combat medic came to aid of girl who fell at Hotel Colorado; Mom says teen is hanging on