DQ shooter out on bond
May 21, 2014
Mario Ruiz Alvarado, the primary suspect in Tuesday's shooting incident near the West Glenwood Dairy Queen, has been released on bond.
Alvarado, 21, of Glenwood, reportedly fired a single shot into the air during an altercation outside the west entrance of the restaurant. The weapon, which took some time to recover, was not registered to Alvarado.
Police said he will likely face charges of reckless endangerment, prohibited use of a weapon, conspiracy, theft and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Three other men were interviewed by police, but no other arrests have been made.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Glenwood football to forfeit all 2017 wins because of ineligible player
- Glenwood’s 27th St. bridge project gets $500K
- Crime Briefs: ‘You in the suitcase, show me your hands’
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Fire burns through home in Battlement Mesa