DQ shooter out on bond
May 21, 2014
Mario Ruiz Alvarado, the primary suspect in Tuesday's shooting incident near the West Glenwood Dairy Queen, has been released on bond.
Alvarado, 21, of Glenwood, reportedly fired a single shot into the air during an altercation outside the west entrance of the restaurant. The weapon, which took some time to recover, was not registered to Alvarado.
Police said he will likely face charges of reckless endangerment, prohibited use of a weapon, conspiracy, theft and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Three other men were interviewed by police, but no other arrests have been made.
Trending In: Local
- Protesters press Sen. Gardner for a town hall
- Ex-art center boss Brusig faces felony over $18K of bad checks
- Grand Avenue bridge detour review revises traffic reduction need to 35 percent
- Glenwood Springs sees first monthly sales drop in 3 years
- Guest opinion: A Crystal Valley trail isn’t the problem for wildlife