Eastbound I-70 through Glenwood Canyon reopens
February 6, 2014
Eastbound Interstate 70 through Glenwood Canyon reopened sooner than expected at about 2:10 p.m. Saturday afternoon after an accident, according to an alert from the Colorado Department of Transportation.
Shortly after noon Saturday, I-70 was closed in both directions through the canyon when multiple semi-trucks became wedged together. Both westbound lanes were reopened just before 1:30 p.m., but cleanup of the eastbound lanes took longer and they reopened about two hours after the accident.
This is the third time this week that at least one lane of the interstate through the canyon was been closed because of truck accidents.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Glenwood Springs Middle School on an expedition to be a ‘kind, compassionate’ school
- English scores down, math up for Roaring Fork Schools
- Tax is considered the last chance for some historical societies
- Garfield County child welfare work wins high praise in national review
- Ballots mailed out today for Nov. 7 election