Echo silenced in Parachute, Battlement Mesa
April 17, 2014
The Grand Valley Echo, a community monthly newspaper that served Parachute and Battlement Mesa for the last six years, told its readers this week that it is ceasing publication.
In a short note to readers, Publisher Alyssa Ohnmacht and Editor Carrie Click explained that Click will start a new full-time job as assistant public information officer at Colorado Mountain College on May 1 and be based at the college's Dillon location.
Ohnmacht said she decided that "now is the time to move on and explore new business ventures."
"Along with all of The Grand Valley Echo's readers who also contribute words, ideas and encouragement to the Echo, we've worked hard to create a little newspaper that can help inform and bring the Grand Valley community together," the note read. "We've enjoyed being a part of it. Thanks for the opportunity."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Man arrested after claiming to be former NFL player
- A message from the owner of Shooters Grill
- Sons arrested in theft from Waffle House CEO’s ranch; animal cruelty alleged
- Glenwood Springs woman who backed car into Aspen pond hit with more charges
- Aspen gets heads up on bridge closure, offers housing during 3-month period