Fin’s owner to open new eatery in Rifle
April 17, 2014
The owner of Fin's Grille and Raw Bar in Glenwood Springs plans to start a new restaurant in Rifle, in the location of Sammy's on Park Avenue, which closed in October.
Rifle City Council approved a hotel and restaurant license Wednesday night for Don Andre, the owner of Fin's, who said he planned to close on the purchase of Sammy's on April 24.
Andre added the building that housed Sammy's will need some attention, which he anticipates will take about three weeks.
The license approval came after Andre explained how he was cited for serving alcohol to a minor at Fin's in April 2013, received a deferred sentence and then was arrested for failure to appear in court on the alcohol infraction.
"It was a very, very embarrassing situation," Andre said. "I take full responsibility."
Andre plans at least one change to the Rifle restaurant: He will not operate the Rifle Brewing Co. microbrewery that Sammy's owners offered since 2008 and will focus only on the restaurant.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Ruibal column: My high school classmate Otto Warmbier — charming and deeply caring
- Liquido Active ticketed, faces fines for entering Hanging Lake
- Confirmed: Food poisoning sickened 80 at Rifle Rodeo
- All OK after car goes into Crystal River near Carbondale
- Crime Briefs: Suspicious husband accused of driving truck at wife