Fin’s owner to open new eatery in Rifle
April 17, 2014
The owner of Fin's Grille and Raw Bar in Glenwood Springs plans to start a new restaurant in Rifle, in the location of Sammy's on Park Avenue, which closed in October.
Rifle City Council approved a hotel and restaurant license Wednesday night for Don Andre, the owner of Fin's, who said he planned to close on the purchase of Sammy's on April 24.
Andre added the building that housed Sammy's will need some attention, which he anticipates will take about three weeks.
The license approval came after Andre explained how he was cited for serving alcohol to a minor at Fin's in April 2013, received a deferred sentence and then was arrested for failure to appear in court on the alcohol infraction.
"It was a very, very embarrassing situation," Andre said. "I take full responsibility."
Andre plans at least one change to the Rifle restaurant: He will not operate the Rifle Brewing Co. microbrewery that Sammy's owners offered since 2008 and will focus only on the restaurant.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life; is critical but regained consciousness
- Gypsum woman ID’d as inmate found hanging
- Crime Briefs: Two juveniles arrested in Carbondale vehicle theft
- Moab canyon renamed to more tastefully honor Grandstaff
- Combat medic came to aid of girl who fell at Hotel Colorado; Mom says teen is hanging on