Free income tax preparation is available through RSVP
March 10, 2014
If you are a senior, disabled or your household income is less than $49,000 per year RSVP can prepare and electronically file your federal and state income taxes for free.
High Country RSVP volunteers are certified by the IRS and can prepare returns with credits, such as the Earned Income Credit, Child Tax Credit, Child and Dependent Care Credit, and the Elderly and Disabled Credit. People with complex business issues and rental properties must seek a paid preparer.
Appointments are available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. through April 15.
RSVP is an AARP Tax-aide site and serves clients from Aspen to Parachute, and Craig.
Call 970-384-8740 to schedule an appointment.
RSVP is a sponsored program of Colorado Mountain College.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Garfield County child welfare work wins high praise in national review
- Glenwood Springs Middle School on an expedition to be a ‘kind, compassionate’ school
- English scores down, math up for Roaring Fork Schools
- Tax is considered the last chance for some historical societies
- Silt town trustee resigns in anger
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life; is critical but regained consciousness
- Gypsum woman ID’d as inmate found hanging
- Traffic signals ahead for 6th and Laurel roundabout
- Crime BriefsTwo juveniles arrested in Carbondale vehicle theft
- Combat medic came to aid of girl who fell at Hotel Colorado; Mom says teen is hanging on