Garfield County commissioners meet in Carbondale Monday
September 9, 2013
CARBONDALE — The Garfield County Board of County Commissioners holds its regular Monday meeting today in Carbondale, as one of its quarterly meetings away from the county seat of Glenwood Springs.
The commissioners meeting begins at 9 a.m. at Carbondale Town Hall, 511 Colorado Ave. There will be a time for public comments from citizens addressing items not on the day’s agenda at the start of the meeting.
Among the items on the agenda will be:
• Final approval of the Box T Subdivision Exemption Plat, involving about 2 acres of land in the unincorporated county “island” along Highway 133 in Carbondale and owned by the Thompson family.
• Presentation by Computers for Kids/YouthEntity representatives Polly Kennedy and Kirsten McDaniel.
• Purchase agreements for construction easements and recommendation to award a construction contract to Con-Sy Inc. for the planned reconstruction and safety improvements on County Road 311 near Silt.
The Garfield BOCC is also scheduled to have a work session on Tuesday at its regular meeting site in Glenwood Springs. Included will be a 10 a.m. update for Phase I of the Garfield County Energy Master Plan.
Trending In: Local
- Garfield County library cuts lead to layoffs, reduced hours
- Be careful around bighorn sheep, wildlife officer warns
- Geologist shares Piceance gas findings
- Glenwood Springs Elementary Lego team set for state competition
- Judge hasn’t ruled on special prosecutor for Garfield County Commissioner Martin, accused of embezzlement