Gas leak shuts down Highway 133 for an hour
July 22, 2014
Highway 133 closed down for about an hour early Tuesday afternoon after construction south of Village Road in Carbondale damaged a 3-inch gas line.
12 firefighters were on site with two trucks and an ambulance, but no injuries were been reported and no evacuation orders were issued. CDOT Crews and Carbondale police routed traffic along 8th Street and Colorado Avenue, creating mild traffic snarls.
Source Gas had the line shut off and traffic resumed by 1 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Ruibal column: My high school classmate Otto Warmbier — charming and deeply caring
- Liquido Active ticketed, faces fines for entering Hanging Lake
- Confirmed: Food poisoning sickened 80 at Rifle Rodeo
- All OK after car goes into Crystal River near Carbondale
- Mount Sopris hikers called 911 after becoming lost