Gas leak shuts down Highway 133 for an hour
July 22, 2014
Highway 133 closed down for about an hour early Tuesday afternoon after construction south of Village Road in Carbondale damaged a 3-inch gas line.
12 firefighters were on site with two trucks and an ambulance, but no injuries were been reported and no evacuation orders were issued. CDOT Crews and Carbondale police routed traffic along 8th Street and Colorado Avenue, creating mild traffic snarls.
Source Gas had the line shut off and traffic resumed by 1 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Glenwood football to forfeit all 2017 wins because of ineligible player
- Silt house fire displaces family of four
- Mom doesn’t know how girl fell from Hotel Colorado
- Colorado woman gets away unharmed after train rolls over her