Glenwood Canyon bike path opens for season
April 8, 2014
GLENWOOD SPRINGS — The popular Glenwood Canyon bike path has opened for the season, from the winter-time gate just below the No Name Rest area to the east end of the canyon.
The Colorado Department of Transportation closes the path each winter due to snow removal and other maintenance activities on Interstate 70 through the canyon, which can create unsafe conditions on the path.
It may be necessary for CDOT to close the path again this spring for safety reasons, depending on high water in the Colorado River due to runoff from the high-country snow melt.
For information about road conditions, including bike path closures, visit http://www.coloradodot.info/, or call 511 from anywhere in the state.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Ruibal column: My high school classmate Otto Warmbier — charming and deeply caring
- Liquido Active ticketed, faces fines for entering Hanging Lake
- Confirmed: Food poisoning sickened 80 at Rifle Rodeo
- All OK after car goes into Crystal River near Carbondale
- Crash, fire close I-70 in both directions at Grand Junction