Glenwood Canyon bike path opens for season
April 8, 2014
GLENWOOD SPRINGS — The popular Glenwood Canyon bike path has opened for the season, from the winter-time gate just below the No Name Rest area to the east end of the canyon.
The Colorado Department of Transportation closes the path each winter due to snow removal and other maintenance activities on Interstate 70 through the canyon, which can create unsafe conditions on the path.
It may be necessary for CDOT to close the path again this spring for safety reasons, depending on high water in the Colorado River due to runoff from the high-country snow melt.
For information about road conditions, including bike path closures, visit http://www.coloradodot.info/, or call 511 from anywhere in the state.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Glenwood Springs Middle School on an expedition to be a ‘kind, compassionate’ school
- English scores down, math up for Roaring Fork Schools
- Tax is considered the last chance for some historical societies
- Garfield County child welfare work wins high praise in national review
- Ballots mailed out today for Nov. 7 election