Glenwood man busted for meth
April 2, 2014
Victor Mendez-Ruiz, 24, of Glenwood Springs, was arrested for alleged methamphetamine possession on March 27.
Carbondale Police pulled over Mendez-Ruiz after receiving information about an outstanding warrant for his arrest. They subsequently received a tip that he might be in position of methamphetamine, a Schedule II drug.
A search of the car allegedly revealed drug paraphernalia. Mendez-Ruiz was given the opportunity to turn in any contraband prior to being booked. He denied possession until he was about to be searched, then reportedly turned in an unknown quantity of methamphetamines.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Garfield County child welfare work wins high praise in national review
- Glenwood Springs Middle School on an expedition to be a ‘kind, compassionate’ school
- Tax is considered the last chance for some historical societies
- English scores down, math up for Roaring Fork Schools
- Silt town trustee resigns in anger
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life; is critical but regained consciousness
- Gypsum woman ID’d as inmate found hanging
- Traffic signals ahead for 6th and Laurel roundabout
- Crime BriefsTwo juveniles arrested in Carbondale vehicle theft
- Combat medic came to aid of girl who fell at Hotel Colorado; Mom says teen is hanging on