Glenwood man busted for meth
April 2, 2014
Victor Mendez-Ruiz, 24, of Glenwood Springs, was arrested for alleged methamphetamine possession on March 27.
Carbondale Police pulled over Mendez-Ruiz after receiving information about an outstanding warrant for his arrest. They subsequently received a tip that he might be in position of methamphetamine, a Schedule II drug.
A search of the car allegedly revealed drug paraphernalia. Mendez-Ruiz was given the opportunity to turn in any contraband prior to being booked. He denied possession until he was about to be searched, then reportedly turned in an unknown quantity of methamphetamines.
Trending In: Local
- Amid financial chaos, Glenwood Springs art center to close in May
- Feds arrest men from Aspen, New Castle in drug trafficking sweep
- Care facility aide gets 6 years on multiple sex assaults plea
- Carbondale trustees anxiously grant fifth City Market extension
- Oil-gas wells shut down after Colorado home explosion