Glenwood Springs chamber taking awards nominations
January 18, 2014
Nominations are now open for the Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association's (GSCRA) awards honoring local businesses and individuals.
Awards include the Bosco Tourism Business of the Year, the Jim Novak Philanthropic Business of the Year, the ATHENA and ATHENA Young Professional awards and Citizen of the Year.
The chamber is also announcing that Top Brass Awards have become more significant. Instead of recognizing numerous Top Brass winners, the GSCRA will recognize one outstanding business of the year for a major 2013 contribution that reflects commercial growth, creativity or community involvement. Businesses or professionals marking career milestones will earn Top Brass anniversary certificates or plaques.
This year's gala marks the 21st year for the annual ATHENA award that honors an exceptional local woman or man who demonstrates excellence, creativity and initiative in assisting women in reaching their full leadership potential. Last year's ATHENA recipient was Lorie Beattie Courier.
The ATHENA Young Professional award recognizes an emerging leader who gives back to the community and serves as a role model for young women. Last year's ATHENA Young Professional recipient was Jennifer Smith.
Locals are also invited to thank a noteworthy fellow citizen through the Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association's Citizen of the Year Award. The award is intended to honor an individual (or in particular instances a married couple) who makes a substantial contribution to Glenwood Springs. As a result of the nominee's efforts, the community should have received notable benefits and become a better place to live and work. Last year's Citizen of the Year was Marilee Rippy.
Recommended Stories For You
Award winners, including the Glenwood Springs High School DECA chapter's Entrepreneur of the Year, will be honored at the chamber's Annual Gala on Saturday, April 12, at the Aspen Glen Club. Information about the event is available at glenwoodchamber.com.
Nomination forms are available at glenwoodchamber.com. The nomination deadline for all of the awards is March 1. Contact the chamber at 970-945-6589 for more information.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Garfield County child welfare work wins high praise in national review
- Glenwood Springs Middle School on an expedition to be a ‘kind, compassionate’ school
- Tax is considered the last chance for some historical societies
- English scores down, math up for Roaring Fork Schools
- Silt town trustee resigns in anger
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life; is critical but regained consciousness
- Gypsum woman ID’d as inmate found hanging
- Traffic signals ahead for 6th and Laurel roundabout
- Crime BriefsTwo juveniles arrested in Carbondale vehicle theft
- Combat medic came to aid of girl who fell at Hotel Colorado; Mom says teen is hanging on