High water closes section of Glenwood Canyon bike path
May 6, 2014
GLENWOOD SPRINGS — High water from the start of the seasonal mountain runoff prompted Colorado Department of Transportation officials to close a section of the Glenwood Canyon bike path on Tuesday afternoon.
The path between the Shoshone put-in and the Hanging Lake trailhead will remain closed until further notice, CDOT spokeswoman Tracy Trulove said.
"We will monitor the situation daily, but for now that section is closed," Trulove said.
It's possible that other sections of the path could also be closed at times during the spring runoff season, she said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Ruibal column: My high school classmate Otto Warmbier — charming and deeply caring
- Liquido Active ticketed, faces fines for entering Hanging Lake
- Confirmed: Food poisoning sickened 80 at Rifle Rodeo
- All OK after car goes into Crystal River near Carbondale
- Crash, fire close I-70 in both directions at Grand Junction