High water closes section of Glenwood Canyon bike path
May 6, 2014
GLENWOOD SPRINGS — High water from the start of the seasonal mountain runoff prompted Colorado Department of Transportation officials to close a section of the Glenwood Canyon bike path on Tuesday afternoon.
The path between the Shoshone put-in and the Hanging Lake trailhead will remain closed until further notice, CDOT spokeswoman Tracy Trulove said.
"We will monitor the situation daily, but for now that section is closed," Trulove said.
It's possible that other sections of the path could also be closed at times during the spring runoff season, she said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Rifle PD gets new drug pups — who will be trained to ignore marijuana
- Tax is considered the last chance for some historical societies
- English scores down, math up for Roaring Fork Schools
- Doc Holliday finished out his life in Glenwood Springs
- Garfield County child welfare work wins high praise in national review
- Mom doesn’t know how girl fell from Hotel Colorado
- Colorado woman gets away unharmed after train rolls over her
- ‘Deceased and injured’ among 4 shot near Colorado State University in Fort Collins
- Silt house fire displaces family of four
- Selfies: Pushing to be one of the best in the beekeeping industry at Colorado Mountain Honey