Interstate 70 between New Castle and Rifle reopens after truck fire
June 14, 2013
Westbound Interstate 70 between New Castle and Rifle has reopened after being closed because of a truck fire near Rifle, according to the Colorado Department of Transportation.
Westbound traffic was being diverted off the interstate at New Castle and at Silt. The highway reopened at about 4:07 p.m.
An eyewitness reported seeing a semi-truck on fire near the Rifle exit and said it appeared the truck had lost its load down the embankment.
Trending In: Local
- Garfield County library cuts lead to layoffs, reduced hours
- Be careful around bighorn sheep, wildlife officer warns
- Geologist shares Piceance gas findings
- Glenwood Springs Elementary Lego team set for state competition
- Judge hasn’t ruled on special prosecutor for Garfield County Commissioner Martin, accused of embezzlement