Interstate 70 between New Castle and Rifle reopens after truck fire
June 14, 2013
Westbound Interstate 70 between New Castle and Rifle has reopened after being closed because of a truck fire near Rifle, according to the Colorado Department of Transportation.
Westbound traffic was being diverted off the interstate at New Castle and at Silt. The highway reopened at about 4:07 p.m.
An eyewitness reported seeing a semi-truck on fire near the Rifle exit and said it appeared the truck had lost its load down the embankment.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Glenwood football to forfeit all 2017 wins because of ineligible player
- Crime Briefs: ‘You in the suitcase, show me your hands’
- Glenwood’s 27th St. bridge project gets $500K
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Fire burns through home in Battlement Mesa