Interstate 70 between New Castle and Rifle reopens after truck fire
June 14, 2013
Westbound Interstate 70 between New Castle and Rifle has reopened after being closed because of a truck fire near Rifle, according to the Colorado Department of Transportation.
Westbound traffic was being diverted off the interstate at New Castle and at Silt. The highway reopened at about 4:07 p.m.
An eyewitness reported seeing a semi-truck on fire near the Rifle exit and said it appeared the truck had lost its load down the embankment.
Trending In: Local
- Amid financial chaos, Glenwood Springs art center to close in May
- Feds arrest men from Aspen, New Castle in drug trafficking sweep
- Care facility aide gets 6 years on multiple sex assaults plea
- Carbondale trustees anxiously grant fifth City Market extension
- Oil-gas wells shut down after Colorado home explosion