Memorial is set for Chris Sadler
March 21, 2014
NEW CASTLE — A memorial service for New Castle Police Chief Chris Sadler will take place at noon on Saturday, March 29, at Coal Ridge High School in New Castle.
Sadler died unexpectedly on Saturday, March 15, at Grand River Hospital in Rifle. He was 52.
He had served with the New Castle Police Department for 19 years — the last 12 as chief.
Prior to the service there will be a motorcade of first responders — law enforcement and fire district personnel — through New Castle beginning on Main Street and heading up to Castle Valley Boulevard. The motorcade will continue on Castle Valley Boulevard to 7th Street and back down to Main Street, then on to Coal Ridge High School for the service.
"This will give the community a chance to pay their respects to the chief," said Town Administrator Tom Baker. "The family will be in the motorcade, which is transporting them from their home in Rifle."
The motorcade procession will end at Coal Ridge High School, 35947 Highway 6, where the services will begin.
The Chris Sadler Memorial Trust Fund has been set up at the New Castle Alpine Bank. People wishing to donate should contact Alpine Bank directly and the staff will assist with the donation.
Trending In: Local
- Aspen teen confesses to internet threat that closed Roaring Fork schools
- Crime Briefs: Burglary leads to heroin discovery
- Carbondale robbery suspects, suffering injuries from cold, held on $100K bond
- Spicer: Expect ‘greater enforcement’ of federal law on marijuana
- School board asked to close Riverview hiring to outside applicants