Merriott will run to retain Carbondale trustee seat
January 16, 2014
CARBONDALE — Trustee J. Frost Merriott, commonly known as Frosty, will be running for re-election to the town board in the upcoming municipal election, scheduled for April 1, Merriott confirmed on Thursday.
So far, he is the sole trustee eligible for re-election who has announced that he wants to keep his position, although candidate petitions will not be available at Town Hall until Jan. 31, according to Town Clerk Cathy Derby.
The positions up for election this year are held by Mayor Stacey Bernot and trustees Merriott, Elizabeth Murphy and John Foulkrod. Foulkrod cannot run for re-election because of term limits, but Bernot, Merriott and Murphy are able to run again.
Neither Murphy nor Bernot could be reached for comment on the election on Thursday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Ruibal column: My high school classmate Otto Warmbier — charming and deeply caring
- Liquido Active ticketed, faces fines for entering Hanging Lake
- Confirmed: Food poisoning sickened 80 at Rifle Rodeo
- All OK after car goes into Crystal River near Carbondale
- Crash, fire close I-70 in both directions at Grand Junction