Merriott will run to retain Carbondale trustee seat
January 16, 2014
CARBONDALE — Trustee J. Frost Merriott, commonly known as Frosty, will be running for re-election to the town board in the upcoming municipal election, scheduled for April 1, Merriott confirmed on Thursday.
So far, he is the sole trustee eligible for re-election who has announced that he wants to keep his position, although candidate petitions will not be available at Town Hall until Jan. 31, according to Town Clerk Cathy Derby.
The positions up for election this year are held by Mayor Stacey Bernot and trustees Merriott, Elizabeth Murphy and John Foulkrod. Foulkrod cannot run for re-election because of term limits, but Bernot, Merriott and Murphy are able to run again.
Neither Murphy nor Bernot could be reached for comment on the election on Thursday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Glenwood Springs Middle School on an expedition to be a ‘kind, compassionate’ school
- English scores down, math up for Roaring Fork Schools
- Tax is considered the last chance for some historical societies
- Garfield County child welfare work wins high praise in national review
- Ballots mailed out today for Nov. 7 election