MoveOn names Glenwood resident #FrackingFighter
January 13, 2014
Anita Sherman of Glenwood Springs has been selected as one of MoveOn's 100 Fracking Fighters nationally, and one of six "Fractivists" from Colorado, according to MoveOn.org.
Sherman said she was motivated to launch her local campaign because, "We, the people, have a right to clean air, clean water, and an environment free of industrial impact. These are our fundamental Constitutional human rights that should be enforced," according to a prepared statement by MoveOn.
Sherman plans to use the MoveOn.org grant award to expand her network throughout Garfield County and the Grand Mesa regions. She co-founded a group of business and community leaders in the Roaring Fork Valley called Garfield Transparency Initiative (GTI).
"MoveOn is a community of more than 8 million Americans from all walks of life who use innovative technology to lead, participate in, and win campaigns for progressive change," according to the organization's website.
More information about Sherman and the other #FrackingFighters may be found at http://www.moveon.org/frackingfighters.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Ruibal column: My high school classmate Otto Warmbier — charming and deeply caring
- Liquido Active ticketed, faces fines for entering Hanging Lake
- Confirmed: Food poisoning sickened 80 at Rifle Rodeo
- All OK after car goes into Crystal River near Carbondale
- Crash, fire close I-70 in both directions at Grand Junction