New Castle burglar wannabes sought by cops
August 12, 2013
Burglar wannabes sought by cops
NEW CASTLE — An apparent team of burglars who tried to rip off a local homeowner here last month are being sought by the town police and the Garfield County Sheriff's Office, according to the sheriff's Crime Stoppers Featured Crime alert issued on Aug. 8.
According to a summary provided by the New Castle police, the burglars struck on the night of July 29-30, breaking into a home where the owners were away on vacation.
Roaming through the house gathering valuables, they piled the loot in the garage for later pickup, according to police, but then were interrupted and left the goods there. The homeowners, who are not named in the alert, found their belongings in the garage when they returned home.
Police are looking for any information that will lead to the arrest or indictment of a suspect or suspects in the case, and Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $1,000 for anonymous information that produces results.
To submit information, call 945-0101.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Ruibal column: My high school classmate Otto Warmbier — charming and deeply caring
- Liquido Active ticketed, faces fines for entering Hanging Lake
- Confirmed: Food poisoning sickened 80 at Rifle Rodeo
- All OK after car goes into Crystal River near Carbondale
- Crash, fire close I-70 in both directions at Grand Junction