New Castle burglar wannabes sought by cops
August 12, 2013
Burglar wannabes sought by cops
NEW CASTLE — An apparent team of burglars who tried to rip off a local homeowner here last month are being sought by the town police and the Garfield County Sheriff's Office, according to the sheriff's Crime Stoppers Featured Crime alert issued on Aug. 8.
According to a summary provided by the New Castle police, the burglars struck on the night of July 29-30, breaking into a home where the owners were away on vacation.
Roaming through the house gathering valuables, they piled the loot in the garage for later pickup, according to police, but then were interrupted and left the goods there. The homeowners, who are not named in the alert, found their belongings in the garage when they returned home.
Police are looking for any information that will lead to the arrest or indictment of a suspect or suspects in the case, and Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $1,000 for anonymous information that produces results.
To submit information, call 945-0101.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Garfield County child welfare work wins high praise in national review
- Glenwood Springs Middle School on an expedition to be a ‘kind, compassionate’ school
- Tax is considered the last chance for some historical societies
- English scores down, math up for Roaring Fork Schools
- Silt town trustee resigns in anger
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life; is critical but regained consciousness
- Gypsum woman ID’d as inmate found hanging
- Traffic signals ahead for 6th and Laurel roundabout
- Crime BriefsTwo juveniles arrested in Carbondale vehicle theft
- Combat medic came to aid of girl who fell at Hotel Colorado; Mom says teen is hanging on