New Castle cancels election
March 21, 2014
NEW CASTLE — A municipal election scheduled for April 8 has been canceled with only one candidate running for the open mayor's seat and three candidates to fill the three open town council seats.
Trustee Bob Gordon will take over as mayor, with current mayor Frank Breslin filling a council seat. Councilors Bruce Leland and Art Riddile will fill the remaining two council seats.
Each position is for a four-year term. The new board will be sworn in at the April 15 town council meeting.
A coffee and cake reception to thank Breslin for his time as mayor and longtime councilor Greg Russi for his services is tentatively scheduled prior to the 7 p.m. April 15 meeting.
“This is a way for the community to show their appreciation for Frank and Greg.”
"This is a way for the community to show their appreciation for Frank and Greg," said Town Administrator Tom Baker.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Ruibal column: My high school classmate Otto Warmbier — charming and deeply caring
- Liquido Active ticketed, faces fines for entering Hanging Lake
- Confirmed: Food poisoning sickened 80 at Rifle Rodeo
- All OK after car goes into Crystal River near Carbondale
- Mount Sopris hikers called 911 after becoming lost