No new reports of pet poisonings in Castle Valley Ranch
March 5, 2014
NEW CASTLE — The circumstances surrounding potential poisoning of pets in the Castle Valley Ranch subdivision is still under investigation, although no new calls of poisoned or deceased animals have come in, according to New Castle Police Chief Chris Sadler.
Sadler stressed that the case is still under investigation and that the focus remains within a small area of Castle Valley Ranch.
“Not Lakota Ranch and not downtown New Castle,” Sadler said. “This is not a town-wide epidemic.”
It isn’t even really known for sure if there is, in fact, someone going around poisoning pets.
“We’ve had no other calls for new illnesses or deaths,” Sadler said. “But we do want people to be alert and to report anything suspicious they might see.”
For more information or to make a report, call the New Castle Police Department at 970-984-2302.
Trending In: Local
- Martin expense audit handled outside public meetings
- No confirmation of recent mountain lion sightings in New Castle
- Immigrant Stories: Rancher realizes the land is everything
- Big projects drive Glenwood Springs’ 2017 budget
- Snowboarder charged $260K in damages from collision at Keystone won’t have to pay