Nominate your favorite GarCo humanitarian
February 4, 2014
Nominations are now being accepted for the annual Garfield County Humanitarian Service Awards.
Eligible nominees include anyone who contributed their time, creativity and effort to benefit others in Garfield County during 2013. No matter how much they contribute, however, they won't have the opportunity to be recognized if someone doesn't nominate them for a Humanitarian Service Award.
The nomination deadline is Friday, Feb. 28. Don't be late, as no exceptions will be made for late entries.
Imagine a youth, adult or senior, volunteer or paid staff member, who you know is making a difference in the lives of others. Then nominate them. The selection committee may create categories for winners to fit outstanding aspects of this year's nominees.
All nominees and those who submitted nomination letters are invited to attend the awards banquet, set for 5:30 p.m. Monday, April 7, at the Grand River Hospital Ballroom in Rifle.
At the banquet, all nominees will be recognized prior to the winners being announced.
Recommended Stories For You
The evening is filled with uplifting stories about the many local people who dedicate their lives to improving life for others.
The annual event, now in its 25th year, is celebrating its Silver Anniversary and is sponsored by Garfield County, the Garfield County Human Service Commission and the Glenwood Springs Post Independent.
To nominate a humanitarian, visit the Garfield County website, http://www.garfield-county.com, click on "Humanitarian Service Awards" and then download the nomination form and rules.
Each nomination package must include at least three letters from different people describing the nominee's dedication to humanitarian service in Garfield County.
Those without access to a computer can request a mailed nomination form by calling 970-309-6036.
Past winners are not eligible for nomination. A complete list of past winners is also posted on the Garfield County website.
Nomination packets may be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, or as hard copies to Humanitarian Service Awards, P.O. Box 1548, Glenwood Springs, CO 81602.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tax is considered the last chance for some historical societies
- English scores down, math up for Roaring Fork Schools
- Rifle PD gets new drug pups — who will be trained to ignore marijuana
- Doc Holliday finished out his life in Glenwood Springs
- Garfield County child welfare work wins high praise in national review
- Mom doesn’t know how girl fell from Hotel Colorado
- Colorado woman gets away unharmed after train rolls over her
- Selfies: Pushing to be one of the best in the beekeeping industry at Colorado Mountain Honey
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life; is critical but regained consciousness
- Rifle names five finalists for city manager