One dead in Highway 6 crash near Wolcott
June 15, 2014
WOLCOTT — A one-vehicle crash on U.S. Highway 6 near Wolcott in Eagle County late Tuesday resulted in the death of a Gypsum man and sent three passengers to the hospital, the Colorado State Patrol reports.
The accident occurred at about 10:15 p.m. Tuesday when Yonathan Serna Guerra, 24, lost control of his westbound 1996 Honda Civic on U.S. Highway 6 about one mile west of Wolcott.
According to the State Patrol, Serna Guerra crossed into the eastbound lane and then overcorrected back into the westbound lane and off the right side of the road. The vehicle traveled down a steep, grassy embankment before flipping and coming to rest on its top.
Serna Guerra died from injuries he sustained during the crash. Three other passengers were transported to Vail Valley Medical Center to receive treatment for their injuries.
The crash remains under investigation.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Glenwood football to forfeit all 2017 wins because of ineligible player
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Crime Briefs: ‘You in the suitcase, show me your hands’
- Glenwood’s 27th St. bridge project gets $500K
- Silt house fire displaces family of four